Explore issues facing the United States, with an emphasis on progressive solutions.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Own it Amy!

By now, you would have had to  have lived under a rock to not know about  Amy Klobuchar's l'affaire de la salade.   Amy, as most of us know, was once so angry and hungry that she ate the salad her aide had gotten for her with a comb because he had forgotten to get  her a fork.

At first, I was horrified.  Then, I found the incident hilarious.


I can relate to being really hungry and foul tempered, to having my food tantalizingly close and yet impossible to eat.  I don't think I would have had the chutzpah to grab my comb and use it as a utensil.  But part of me admires her nerve.

Senator Klobuchar does not seem like the most fun boss to work for.  In her defense, I have been a hated boss myself.  A few years ago one of my employees snapped at me because she was bored.  (I am a voting warden, so I work at most a few days a year.)  Handing out ballots and checking off voters is a boring job.  Everyone knows that.  But this woman expected me to read her mind and do something about her ennui STAT!

I have never yelled at an employee, and I don't recommend that anyone do it.

I do suggest that instead of cowering in fear, if you work for Amy Klobuchar, you tell her to knock it off if she crosses a line.  That goes for everyone who works for anybody.  Your boss is human, too, and may well need to be told to behave from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment