Explore issues facing the United States, with an emphasis on progressive solutions.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Take back the Senate

Instead of watching the Innauguration this morning, I have been doing research on how the Democratic National Committee is planning on taking back the Senate in 2018.

I am a bit relieved that the DNC website has been updated.  It is not dominated by BLUE SQUARES,    which seems to me is a good thing - as blue squares may be about the least dynamic shape and color combination that exists.

There is even a website for Taking back the Senate - you can find it at www.dscc.org.  I did check it out, and was distressed to see the message :  "Stay tuned to learn more about our efforts to take back the Senate."  UGHH!

I started this blog last Thursday because the Senate "voted 51 to 48 to approve a budget resolution instructing House and Senate Committees to begin work on legislation to repeal major portions of the Affordable Care Act."  (Washington Post, 1/12/17)

It finally occurred to me what I could do after the election (I keep telling my daughters "there is a path; I just don't know what it is yet.")  I could work to help take back the Senate.

Not yet, though.  Evidently, I just have to "stay tuned".


No comments:

Post a Comment