Explore issues facing the United States, with an emphasis on progressive solutions.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Women's March 2017, Boston

Saturday I attended the Women's March with some of my great friends from the League of Women Voters' of Wellesley.  We were all exhilarated  by the huge crowd, the great speakers, and the energy of people of all colors, genders,  and ages.

I particularly loved the music being tolled by the bells of the Arlington Street Church.  Amazing Grace was memorable.  We were blessed by excellent weather and peaceful enthusiasm.


I am still disappointed by the Democratic National Committee.  The website to take back the Senate, www.dscc.org, has been updated- with a sign-up sheet (for what exactly?), and pictures of Elizabeth Warren speaking at the March.

I would love to see actual proposals for action. We must not let all of the energy from Saturdays' marches - around the world - fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment